Wednesday 26 March 2014

A Day in the Life of...Guy's Gift's Fundraiser

There's lots happening here at Guy's Gift. As well as supporting lots of children, young people and their families here in Warwickshire, we're also busily planning events in April, including a Family Day at Mockley Wood Farm and a fundraising day at White Stuff in Leamington Spa.

We thought it might be fun to go behind-the-scenes here at Guy's Gift and see what our Fundraiser (Katie) does. Here she is to tell you all about what she gets up to...

No two days are ever the same for me and that's part of why I love my job at Guy's Gift. My role involves everything to do with fundraising - from applying for funding and talking to lots of lovely people who do fundraising on the charity's behalf, to writing the Guy's Gift newsletter and thinking of new funding ideas. When I'm working from my office at home, I have our cat Phoebe to help me...she's usually very good at finding paperwork to sit on!

 
Writing letters, putting together the Guy's Gift newsletter, sending emails...it's all in a day's work for a Fundraiser!

I help to keep an ear out for phone calls too. If you ring the Guy's Gift telephone number you may find me on the other end.

Art and craft workshops play a big part in Guy's Gift events and I'm thrilled that we've just been given an exciting box jam packed with all sorts of crafty bits and bobs for us to use. A huge thank you must go to Groves + Banks (along with Trimits, Hemline and The Craft Factory) for sending us all of these goodies.

I'm currently working on an Easter egg decoration craft kit that we'll be selling as part of our fundraising day at White Stuff in Leamington Spa on 16th April. Instructions have been written, materials gathered and inspiration put down on paper, so all that's left for me to do is put them all together...and make a few decorations myself to display on the day.

If you or anyone you know would like to get involved in fundraising for Guy's Gift do get in touch, we'd be thrilled to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment